Saturday, October 9, 2010

194.6 - The Death Run

Well, since I couldn't do the 6K run in Utah, I decided to do my own here in Rock Springs by myself. I took my car and plotted out my route. I started out at home, drove until the trip odometer rolled over 1.88 miles, then turned around and drove home. As I drove back, I had butterflies in my stomach, "What am I thinking? I've never run on non-flat terrain. And I've never gone over 3 miles." But I was determined to do it, to finish, even if it was really hard. I was in and out, doing last minute little things, and as I passed Gil at the table, he said, "So, have you finished your Death Run yet?" See, my kids are noticing. Okay, 6K is kind of wimpy compared to a half-marathon or a full-blown marathon, but today, 6K is a Death Run. It feels almost noble. I got all my gear on, (Asics running shoes ready and me, all bundled up for the cold Wyoming wind) and got Dani to take pictures of me. I started the timer on my watch, and off I went!

Me, nervous and excited to go.

Now it's pics with my cell phone camera, passing the library on my way. I couldn't believe it at this point. I thought, "I'm doing this, I'm really doing this! I can keep running and not have to stop!" It did get harder, though, and a few times I lost focus and walked a few stops or stopped a few beats to take a pic with my cell phone. But, really, I pretty much ran the whole way. It seems incredible to me. I remember the 5K I walked/ran with Sue in Cokeville 2-1/2 months and 25 pounds ago. I definitely could run that one now, and probably beat "stroller chicks"! Kind of goofy, I know, to gauge yourself by "stroller chicks" in a race, but you gotta take your triumphs where you can find them, even the little ones.

The long road in front of me.

The biggest hill coming, where the pavement ends and the dirt and gravel begin.

I'm half way, and feeling awesome!!

I phoned Dani, and told her to hurry outside and take pics of me coming up the road. I had to take pics of her, too!

Victory!! My time? 57 minutes. I know, don't laugh, I'm a turtle, and it didn't help that I kept stopping and taking pics with my cell phone. But it still felt awesome!

Here's an updated pic, Audrey. Kind of scruffy, but you get the idea.

I like this close-up, all windblown. It says, "Active and lovin' it!"

Weight - 193.8
Weight Lost - 41.6 lb. in 108 days
Total Calories Eaten - 1636
Today's MFD calorie allowance range - 1811 for a 2 lb loss/week rate, 2811 for weight maintenance
MFD occupation activity level - Moderate Activity
Total MFD Exercise/Activity Calories Earned - 551
MFD Calorie Balance - 175 left to eat at a 2 lb a week loss rate, 1175 left to eat at a weight maintenance level
MFD Weight Loss Rate Today - 2.4 lb loss/week
HWHL Points Today - 34 (213 total this session) I did everything except take the multivitamin, and eat enough fruits and veggies, but I also did 30 min extra exercising.
Cat's Challenge Points - Session 6 goes from 8 Oct to Oct 14. I earned 45.5 points for Session 5. That makes 253 points so far!!
Exercise - ran 6K or 3.8 miles!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast/Snack - 1 banana, 2 cups Life cereal, 24 oz. water
Total calories - 440

Snack #2 - 2 small semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies
Total calories - 169

Lunch - 1 large Sonic lemon-berry Cream Slush
Total calories - 630

Dinner - 2-1/4 cups romaine hearts lettuce, 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes, 1-1/2 Tbsp. Hidden Valley Ranch Light salad dressing, 2 Tablespoons Salad Toppins, 1 cup cooked spaghetti pasta noodles, 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce, 24 oz. water, plus another 24 oz. water after dinner before bed
Total calories - 397

1 comment:

  1. You are AWESOME! You sure know how to bloom where you are planted - you do not have to come all the way to Utah's Thanksgiving Point to prove a point to yourself and the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete