Tuesday, October 12, 2010

194.0 - In Awe of the Serious Runners

From my post on HWHL -

"I decided that if I was going to be a serious runner, that I'd better whittle down my time, so I could do a 5K in 30 minutes or less, eventually. So, while my son was at swim lessons this afternoon, I took myself over to one of the treadmills, and punched in a higher speed than I've done before - 4.6 mph. Laughable, I know, but I gotta start somewhere, and if I'm ever gonna break 30 min on a 5K, I'm going to have to start consistently running at a 6mph pace. Anyway, I did 4.6 mph for about 3/4 mile, then had to slow down to a 3.0 mph walk for 1/4 mile, then I punched in 5.0 mph, and did that for 1/2 mile, then walked 3.5 mph for 1/4 mile, then punched in 5.5 mph for 1/4 mile, and cooled down at 3.0 mph for 1/4 mile. I couldn't imagine doing a 6mph pace for 30 min, but then when I ran the 5K in Cokeville three months ago, I couldn't imagine running the entire 5K at all. So, hopefully, there will be progress in the future.

Which brings me to my point. For those of you {Marci} who can even run a half-marathon, forget how long it takes, I am in awe. I feel like a little kindergartener waving around their stick-figure drawing next to the masterpiece hanging on the wall. I am not worthy! I am not worthy! (Imagine prostrate bowing). But I don't find it discouraging. I just feel determined to improve my time."

Weight - 194.0
Weight Lost - 41.4 lb. in 111 days
Total Calories Eaten - 1420
Today's MFD calorie allowance range - 1809 for a 2 lb loss/week rate, 2809 for weight maintenance
MFD occupation activity level - Moderate Activity
Total MFD Exercise/Activity Calories Earned - 550
MFD Calorie Balance - 389 left to eat at a 2 lb a week loss rate, 1389 left to eat at a weight maintenance level
MFD Weight Loss Rate Today - 2.8 lb loss/week
HWHL Points Today - 38 (313 total this session) I did everything except take the multivitamin, and I did an extra 30 min exercising and posted
Cat's Challenge Points - Session 6 goes from 8 Oct to Oct 14. I earned 45.5 points for Session 5. That makes 253 points so far!!
Exercise - 30 minutes on my Gazelle strider, 30 minutes jogging on the treadmill at the Rec Center

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast/Snack - 1-1/2 cups Life cereal, 8oz. 2% milk, 24 oz. water
Total calories - 360

Lunch - 24 oz. water, 1 package (6 sandwich crackers) Austin peanut butter & jelly crackers, 1 fruit smoothie (1-1/2 cups frozen strawberries, 1-1/4 cup skim milk)
Total calories - 369

Snack #1 - 1/2 package (3 sandwich crackers) Austin peanut butter & chocolate crackers
Total calories - 95

Dinner - 3 cups vegetable beef soup (I just threw some chicken broth, pureed canned tomatoes, ground beef, & two bags frozen mixed veggies in a pot), 1-1/2 slices Smith's Cottage White bread, 1/2 Tbsp. Smart Balance light, 2 tsp. grape jelly, 24 oz. water, 1-1/2 cups romaine hearts lettuce, 1 tablespoon Salad Toppins, 1 Tbsp. Hidden Valley Ranch light dressing
Total calories - 596

No comments:

Post a Comment