Monday, October 25, 2010

190.2 - Freedom From The Pills


I was doing my Walmart shopping today, and the diet pill/diet shakes aisle caught my attention. You know, I've lost almost 50 pounds without any of that stuff. Just watching what I eat and exercising. Simple. Harder, yes, to control yourself, but simple. I have sympathy for people who struggle with losing weight, I really do. I've been there so, so, so many times myself. But I think the whole "miracle pill/miracle diet" mentality is all part of the problem. Just deal with the reality of calories in and calories out. Really. Just accept what food does to your body and work within those parameters. Quit trying to find a sneaky escape route around it. It is incredibly freeing! Looking at all those products made me feel sadness, like looking at so many people locked in a prison.

Weight - 190.2
Weight Lost - 45.2 lb. in 124 days
Total Calories Eaten - 2000
Today's MFD calorie allowance range - 1316 for a 2 lb loss/week rate, 2316 for weight maintenance
MFD occupation activity level - Moderate Activity
Total MFD Exercise/Activity Calories Earned - 86
MFD Calorie Balance - 121 over at a 2 lb a week loss rate, 879 left to eat at a weight maintenance level
MFD Weight Loss Rate Today - 0.6 lb loss/week
HWHL Points Today - 21 (234 so far this session, which goes from Mon 18 Oct to Thur 4 Nov), I did everything except take my multivitamin, exercise, drink all my water, and comment (I forgot, aaaarghh!, and those are EASY points!)
Cat's Challenge Points - Session 8 goes from Fri 22 Oct to Thur 29 Oct. I earned 36.5 points for Session 7. That makes 329.0 points so far!!
Exercise - none today, just a few MFD activity points

1 comment:

  1. How true... just work with your body. Taking a pill just isn't effective.

    ReplyDelete