Friday, August 6, 2010

217.8 - Diggin' In the Yard

Weight - 217.8
Weight Lost - 17.6 lb. in 44 days

Total Calories Eaten - 1617 (I was going to eat so much food today, on purpose, because I knew I would have a lot of extra exercise points, and I even allowed myself a candy bar, but I still came in under 1800. Rats, I was going to enjoy myself, but I got too busy!)
Today's MFD calorie allowance - 2524 for a 2 lb loss/week rate
MFD occupation activity level - Moderate Activity
HWHL or Trainer Momma calorie allowance - 1586 for a 2 lb loss/week rate at 218 pounds
Total MFD Exercise/Activity Calories Earned - 1120
MFD Calorie Balance - 907 left to eat at 2lb loss/week rate
MFD Weight Loss Rate Today - 3.8 lb loss/week
HWHL Points Today - 41 (191 total this session) I did everything today, including an extra 30 min of Zumba exercising and I'm going to count one hour of the yard work as exercise, too. Somebody tell me if this is not okay, and I'll take it off my HWHL points.
Exercise - Yard work for 1 hour 45 min, and Zumba class for 60 min

MFD is always putting up quotes on their pages. This is one of my favorites:

The only place "success" comes before "work" is in the dictionary.
~ Vince Lombardi

I picked a more unusual activity to start my day out with today. I worked in my yard. The main grass is fine, because the kids mow it for me (teenagers do have their uses.) But there are weeds growing up all around the edges, and it looks kind of junky, so I decided to start getting rid of them. The first thing I did was to trim back the grass and dirt that has been encroaching on the sidewalk leading from the street up to our front porch. In the winter, it has been preventing the melted snow from draining in spots, so that little frozen puddles form on top of the sidewalk. So, I hacked away with a yard/ice chisel and shovel at the few inches of lawn on either side of the sidewalk, working up a good sweat and clearing a mini-ditch for rain and melting snow to drain off whenever it is wet. I guess I never got to the weeds today, but I did spend almost two hours on yard work. I could do that nearly every morning for the rest of the summer, I bet. My back yard would no longer look like a scrubby desert, and I could probably grow grass back there, but I just don't have the time, even though I love doing it.

Where does the time go? I swear I am busy doing something productive from the minute I get up to when I go go bed. No tv or books for me, which is my weakness. It seems like the more productive I am, the more behind I get, because I notice more things that need to get done. Although, I got a feeling that the blogging and health-tracking is partly to blame. Sigh...

I had this moment in Zumba class today, when I thought, "Wow, I can actually do 60 minutes of serious exercise with no problem!" I'm not saying I look good doing it. There were some new moves tonight, and even some of the familiar moves I still have difficulty with. I'm so uncoordinated. But it's great to feel fit, healthy and energized.

P.S. Lori, trust me, I am sooooo looking forward to buying some cute workout clothes, especially some sassy Zumba pants. But, first of all, I'm broke. Second of all, I want to wait until I drop under 200, so I can wear the XL 16/18 sizes. I'm still in a 20, and I'm not putting one more dime into clothes that size.

No comments:

Post a Comment