Monday, August 9, 2010

215.2 - To Run or Not To Run, That Is the Question

Weight - 215.2
Weight Lost - 20.2 lb. in 47 days

Total Calories Eaten - 1570
Today's MFD calorie allowance - 1645 for a 2 lb loss/week rate
MFD occupation activity level - Moderate Activity
HWHL or Trainer Momma calorie allowance - 1586 for a 2 lb loss/week rate at 218 pounds
Total MFD Exercise/Activity Calories Earned - 256
MFD Calorie Balance - 75 left to eat at 2lb loss/week rate
MFD Weight Loss Rate Today - 2.2 lb loss/week
HWHL Points Today - 36 (301 total this session) I missed one point for not eating breakfast lunch & dinner, but I did post.
Exercise - 30 min. walking & running on the treadmill, starting off with 5 min of walking, then ran a mile in 15 minutes, then alternated walking and running the last ten minutes.

Man, have I kicked that 220 to the curb, or what?!! Okay, first I was thinking that my plateau a week ago was due to not eating enough calories, or needing to increase the intensity in my workouts. Now, I'm thinking it was just that time of the month. Because, once my period hit towards the end of the week last week, the pounds just dumped right off of me. But then again, maybe it was a combo of all three.

I was naughty today, so busy that I only ate a combo breakfast/lunch, and then I didn't eat anything until Connor's birthday dinner (Papa Murphy's chicken & hamburger pizza at his request, plus the ever-yummy Chicken Bacon Artichoke DeLite thin-crust pizza), so most of my calories for the day came at dinner and later with the cake and ice cream. Even though I stayed in my calorie range, the scales will not be kind in the morning.

Okay, here's the big dilemma. I ran today, and at first, my knees did not appreciate that much, but the minor pain went away after a while. Now, at bedtime, my knees are throbbing slightly. Dude, I do not need a chronic knee injury! I hate it, hate it, hate it, but I think I've got to give up the running until I at least get a primo pair of running shoes (I want to follow Trainer Momma's advice on buying good shoes,) and maybe not until I get under 200. I really want to run that 5K in October, and have been secretly fantasizing about running the 10K, but I might have to give up on that dream, even though it feels like quitting. I really think that now that I'm focusing on increasing the intensity of my workouts, I'm getting in better and better shape. But I need to take care of my body in the long run, too. What to do?

1 comment:

  1. Good running shoes do make a ton of difference. Also, getting your body ready for it. It takes a while to get your body strong, especially for running.

    ReplyDelete