Monday, August 30, 2010

207.0 - Totally Brain Dead Today

Weight - 207.0 (that's more like it)
Weight Lost - 28.4 lb. in 68 days

Total Calories Eaten - 1626
Today's MFD calorie allowance - 1702 for a 2 lb loss/week rate
MFD occupation activity level - Moderate Activity
HWHL or Trainer Momma calorie allowance - 1516 for a 2 lb loss/week rate at 207 pounds, which means my BMR is 1678 calories, so for 2lb loss a week, it's 678 + calories burned during exercise. That's just crazy talk. No way is that enough, that's why I use the MFD calorie allowance. My Livestrong's The Daily Plate calorie allowance for 207 pounds at a Moderately Active level for a 2 lb. weight loss is 1860 calories. That's better.
Total MFD Exercise/Activity Calories Earned - 363
MFD Calorie Balance - 76 left to eat at 2lb loss/week rate
MFD Weight Loss Rate Today - 2.2 lb loss/week
HWHL Points Today - 38 (316 total this session) I did everything, including an extra 15 minutes exercising as well as posting
Exercise - 25 minutes on the Gazelle, resistance 2, then 24 minute walk after dinner.

Man, I was so brain dead today. I don't know why. I just woke up with no motivation whatsoever. I wound up taking 2 naps today, not really feeling any physical exhaustion, but I just couldn't make myself do anything today. Weird. At least I didn't fall off the healthy wagon today, but man, I sure wanted to. It was one of those days where I felt like lying in bed all day, reading a juicy book and picking Hershey's Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate Nuggets with Toffee and Almonds out of a bag and eating them like popcorn. It's a good thing I've sworn off the naughty, juicy books, or I probably would have caved and spent all day in bed. I think I only ate well because I live for the satisfaction of seeing the numbers at the end of the day tell me I've been a good girl. I am "one" with the computer and online data-crunching.

I did a post tonight on HWHL about portion size, but you can also read the post I wrote three years ago about portion size, also.

Breakfast - 20 oz. water, 1 pluot (a plum/apricot hybrid), 1/4 cup creamy wheat cooked with 1 cup water and dash of salt, 1 cup frozen strawberries cooked with the creamy wheat, 4 little pieces of popcorn chicken (blame Connor, who came with me to Walmart after getting his shots today for kindgergarden, he loves getting a cup of popcorn chicken from the deli), 1 wedge of Laughing Cow creamy swiss cheese, 1 18g/0.64 oz. choc chip cookie (recipe on yesterday's post)
Total calories - 467

Lunch - 20 oz. water, 1 piece Smith's whole wheat Cottage Bread, 1/2 tablespoon Miracle Whip Light, 1 slice Oscar Mayer White Turkey Smoked round lunchmeat, 1 wedge Laughing Cow light swiss cheese, 1 roma tomato (2/3 cup worth), 1 cup or 4 oz. baby carrots
Total calories - 235

Snack - 1 Great Value Chocolate & Vanilla ice cream sandwich, 5 Triscuit Reduced Fat crackers
Total calories - 246

Dinner - 1 cup Chicken Stir Fry (recipe below,) 1 cup cooked brown rice, 4 Kroger brussels sprouts frozen then cooked, 24 oz. water
Total calories - 400

Dessert - 4-3/8 oz. of apple crisp (recipe below,) 1/2 cup frozen blackberries reheated & put on top of apple crisp
Total calories - 278

Chicken Stir Fry - recipe to feed my army

13 oz. or 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast, about 3 chicken breasts
2 16oz. bags of frozen stir fry mixes
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 cups water
cooked white rice (2 to 1 ratio, 2 measures of water for 1 measure of rice, then cook)
OR cooked brown rice (increase ratio to 2.5 water to 1 dry rice)

Put the 2 bags of veggies in an extra large skillet with deep sides, or in a large pot. Pour 2 cups of the water over the top and steam the veggies. Put the remaining water, the soy sauce, the brown sugar, and the cornstarch together in a bowl or measuring cup and stir together until smooth. Then pour the mixture over the veggies. Cook until the sauce thickens. Then serve it over rice.

1 cup of the stir fry mixture is 126 calories, and 1 cup cooked brown rice is 244 calories, for a total of 370 calories.

Apple Crisp

6 to 7 Granny Smith apples, peeled & sliced, or 8 cups, or 27 oz.
Topping:
1/2 cup butter, softened (yep, butter not margarine)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white flour
2/3 cup quick oats
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg

Place apple slices in baking dish, about 9x13 or smaller. Mix topping ingredients together with fork or pastry blender. Sprinkle over top of apples. Bake at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes.

54 calories per 1 oz. serving by weight (I weighed all the ingredients, added the calories, then divided the calories by the total # of ounces.) You will obviously want to eat more than 1 oz., but knowing how many calories are in 1 oz. gives you a starting point. I ate a pretty decent portion for a little over 4 oz. worth tonight. Don't have a digital scale? Go get one!! Overstock.com has a bunch to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment