Thursday, September 30, 2010

196.2 - Ran 3 Miles Just to Test Myself

The Wasatch Woman 6K walk/10K run is in a week, and I haven't been training all that much since school started again, and I lost my teenage babysitters during the day. So, I decided to run 3 miles today when Zen didn't have to go to work until 10am this morning. To my surprise, I could still do it! So, even though my legs started feeling tired and stiff by the end, I completed 3 miles. I know the 6k walk/run will be harder next week, not just because it's about 3.76 miles, but also because there is some uphill terrain making it harder to deal with. But I'm gonna do it. Challenge is still good!

Weight - 196.2
Weight Lost - 39.2 lb. in 99 days
Total Calories Eaten - 1887
Today's MFD calorie allowance range - 1843 for a 2 lb loss/week rate, 2843 for weight maintenance
MFD occupation activity level - Moderate Activity
Total MFD Exercise/Activity Calories Earned - 570
MFD Calorie Balance - 44 over at a 2 lb a week loss rate, 956 left to eat at a weight maintenance level
MFD Weight Loss Rate Today - 2.8 lb loss/week
HWHL Points Today - 39 (372 total for this session), I did everything and I exercised an extra 30 minutes as well as posted
Cat's Challenge Points - 49 points to report today. That makes 207.5 points so far!!
Exercise - ran 3 miles (wahoo!) in 45 minutes, then did 15 minutes on my Gazelle strider

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast - 36 oz. water with exercising, 1 banana, 1 wedge Laughing Cow light swiss cheese, 3 Tablespoons creamy wheat cooked with 3/4 cup water and dash of salt, 1 cup Great Value frozen berry medley cooked with the creamy wheat
Total calories - 349

Snack #1 - 4 mini peanut butter cookies (recipe below)
Total calories - 320

Lunch - 1-3/4 cups cooked spaghetti squash, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, 2 tsp. brown sugar
Total calories - 177

Snack #2 - 4 Land O Frost smoked turkey slices, 4 mini peanut butter cookies, 24 oz. water, 7 cups (almost 1 bag) Pop Weave light microwave popcorn with canola oil, 1 bite of spaghetti sauce
Total calories - 531

Dinner - 3 oz. pizza dough (recipe below), 1 oz. cooked hamburger, 1 oz. Kroger shredded nacho cheese blend, 1 oz. Kroger mozzarella shredded cheese, 2 Tbsp. Great Value italian diced tomatoes pureed, 1 cup romaine hearts lettuce, 2 Tbsp. chopped tomatoes, 1 Tbsp. Kraft Vinaigrette ~ Vidalia Onion w/ Roasted Red Pepper salad dressing, 24 oz. water
Total calories - 508

Peanut Butter Cookies - Gil's favorite flavor

1 cup butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 egg whites (or 2 whole eggs)
2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
2-1/2 cups flour

80 calories per 19g cookie (melon-ball size of dough)

Place melon-ball size balls of dough on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 9 to 11 minutes, just until the bottoms of the cookies are a light brown, or caramel, color. These have a tendency to brown too fast, that is why I took the temp from 350 down to 325.

Pizza Dough - my standard. For more fiber you can substitue 1/4 to 1/3 of the white flour with whole wheat flour.

1-1/4 cup warm water
1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
3 Tbsp. canol oil
4 cups flour
1-1/4 tsp. salt
1-1/4 tsp. sugar

3 oz. dough has 210 calories

Frankly, I just stick it in a bread machine, and let it rip. I'm not that crazy about kneading dough by hand. But you can do it if you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment