Sunday, September 19, 2010

199.8 - Holy Cow!! It Has Hardly Sunk In Yet!

Well, I finally did it. I broke 200!! I was trying to remember the last time I was less than 200, and I think it was before my first son was born over 16 years ago. It's just mind-boggling. Frankly, I can hardly get my brain around it tonight. It's going to take a few days to sink in.

Weight - 199.8
Weight Lost - 35.6 lb. in 88 days
Total Calories Eaten - 1420
Today's MFD calorie allowance range - 1295 for a 2 lb loss/week rate, 2295 for weight maintenance
MFD occupation activity level - Moderate Activity
Total MFD Exercise/Activity Calories Earned - 0
MFD Calorie Balance - over by 125 for a 2 lb a week loss rate, 875 left to eat at a weight maintenance level
MFD Weight Loss Rate Today - 1.8 lb loss/week
HWHL Points Today - none, we are between sessions, next session starts tomorrow
Cat's Challenge Points - I earned 52.5 points for Session 2. That makes 118 points so far!! This session goes from Friday Sept. 17 to Thursday Sept. 23.
Exercise - none for me, I totally lazed about today, but I will be working hard tomorrow. I am NOT losing my big milestone. I want 200 pounds gone forever!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast - 2 cups Malt O Meal Tootie Fruitie cereal, 3/4 cup 2% milk
Total calories - 350

Lunch - 1-1/4 cups baby carrots, snitched 1 chip with melted cheese from Connor's plate, 1 whole graham cracker, 24 oz. water
Total calories - 168


Dinner - 250 g of Potato Sausage Fry-Up (recipe below)
Total calories - 338

Dessert - Two bowls or 540 g of Pear Peach Berry Crisp (recipe below), 24 oz. water, another 24 oz. water before bed
Total calories - 378

Potato Sausage Fry-Up This hardly merits an official recipe, because there are so few ingredients, but it's really yummy!

930 g raw potatoes (about 6 small to medium), chopped
1 cup chopped onion (about 80 g)
7 oz. (1/2 the sausage) Hillshire Farm Chicken Smoked Hardwood Sausage (polish kielbasa style, which comes fully cooked in the package, it's usually with the hotdogs in the grocery store), sliced or chopped
4-1/2 oz. shredded cheddar or cojack cheese
dash salt & pepper

200 g serving is 270 calories, 9.4 g fat

Spray the bottom of a non-stick skillet with canola oil, then fry the potatoes, keeping the lid on, but stirring every few minutes. Do this until they are nearly soft enough to eat. Next add the onions and sausage. Cook until the onions are tender and you get a little browning on the sausage. Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Serve and enjoy!

Pear Peach Berry Crisp - This was delicious!! But the bottom turned into soup because of the extra-ripe fruit. I should have added flour or cornstarch plus some sugar to the fruit before putting the topping on. But this recipe bears some repeating, for sure. Again, I made enough to feed an army. It fit in my pan that is so big, it's exactly like 2 9x13 pans put together. So halve, or even quarter, this recipe, depending on how many people you want to feed. I took an original apple crisp recipe, and tripled the topping ingredients to cover this whole pan.

14 cups pears, sliced
14 cups peaches, sliced
8 cups frozen strawberries, thawed and quarted lengthwise
1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
Topping:
2 sticks, or 1 cup, butter
1-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 cups quick oats
2-1/4 cups brown sugar
2-1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2-1/4 tsp. nutmeg

200g serving 209 calories

I had some really ripe, even over-ripe, boxes of pears and peaches. So, I thought I'd made a ginormous amount of crisp with them, so we could snack on it for a few days. Remember, there are seven people in my family. I always cook big. Here are the layered pears and peaches.

This little gadget used to mix the topping is a pastry blender, and I use it to cut the butter into the flour for biscuit recipes and oddly enough, to mix my guacamole so it's still chunky instead of pureed. It makes a rough mix of ingredients, which is just what is needed for biscuits. That also means that you have to soften the butter first, about 10 to 15 seconds for 2 sticks in the microwave.

A layered view of the pears, peaches, strawberries, and cranberries.

The completely assembled fruit.

The topping.

The cooked dish. Yummy in your tummy!

5 comments:

  1. Sue is right - You are a total rock star with your weight loss. Just got home from my DC trip and the peaches on my tree waited for me :-). Gotta get bottling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious! Wish I had peaches in my back yard. When I was in CA my sister did and I loved it!

    YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!!! Amazing what you can do if you stick your mind to it!

    So just a question for you...I never exercise on Sunday because I'm lazy and it would only be a walk since my husband would not like if I did anything else. Is getting in a walk pretty much what you do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dance a jig! Whoo-hoo! Now you're headed into the "Beyond".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Snuck over here to see how you're doing. Get some sleep and keep going! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete