Wednesday, September 22, 2010

199.6 - Still Tired

I was really tired today. Read all about it on HWHL. I didn't get to my exercising until 8:30 at night, but I did it, because I couldn't stand that I hadn't done any at all. I hate that! I feel so sluggish when I don't.

Weight - 199.6
Weight Lost - 35.8 lb. in 91 days
Total Calories Eaten - 1949
Today's MFD calorie allowance range - 1611 for a 2 lb loss/week rate, 2611 for weight maintenance
MFD occupation activity level - Moderate Activity
Total MFD Exercise/Activity Calories Earned - 318
MFD Calorie Balance - over by 338 for a 2 lb a week loss rate, 662 left to eat at a weight maintenance level
MFD Weight Loss Rate Today - 1.3 lb loss/week
HWHL Points Today - 32 (104 total for session), I did everything except remember the vitamin and stop eating 2 hours before bed
Cat's Challenge Points - I earned 52.5 points for Session 2. That makes 118 points so far!! This session goes from Friday Sept. 17 to Thursday Sept. 23.
Exercise - 30 minutes on my Gazelle strider

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast - 3-1/8 cups Malt O Meal Tootie Fruitie cereal, 1-1/2 cups skim milk
Total calories - 526

Lunch - Chocolate & Vanilla ice cream sandwich, 1 apple, 1 banana, 24 oz. water
Total calories - 337

Snack #1 - 5oz. or 1-1/4 cups baby carrots, 1-3/4 oz. extra lean beef patty
Total calories - 131

Dinner - 1 wedge Laughing Cow swiss cheese, 1 cup cooked white rice, 1-1/4 cups Pork Curry Sauce (recipe below), 1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets reheated, 24 oz. water
Total calories - 546

Dessert - 208 g Pear Peach Berry Crisp (recipe from 2 days ago), 1/2 cup Kroger Artisan Vanilla Bean ice cream, 24 oz. water until bed
Total calories - 359

Snack #2 - 1 cup low sodium V-8 100% vegetable juice
Total calories - 50

Pork Curry Sauce - I know, I seem to be making a lot of curry lately, about once a week it seems. But every time I make it I think of a way to improve the recipe. I forgot to measure how much sauce this made, so I'm just guesstimating on the calories per portion size. So here is today's version:

2.5 pounds pork loin, boneless country style ribless
4.5 cups water
3 teaspoons chicken base (it's like boullion, but in a paste form in a jar)
1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk lite by A Taste of Thai
1 medium onion chopped, about 1 cup
zest and juice of 1 lime
1 4oz. can diced green chiles
1 tsp. salt
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 Tablespoon curry powder

221 calories per 1 cup serving, assuming the recipe makes about 10.75 cups

Take the pork and brown it in an extra-large skillet, or in a large pot. While it is browning, add the chicken base to 4 cups of the water. After it is browned on both sides, add the chicken broth, and deglaze the pan (that means the lovely brown crusty stuff on the bottom of the pan dissolves into the water, creating a broth.) Cook the pork the rest of the way in the broth and let it get tenderized, about 45 min. to 1 hour. Remove the pork and the broth. Saute the onions, chop the pork into bite-size pieces, then add the pork and broth back into the pot. Mix the cornstarch into the remaining 1/2 cup of water, then stir it into the pot. Add the lime zest, lime juice, coconut milk, salt, and curry powder. Mix and bring to a simmer, and let the flavors combine for about 10 min. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment