Saturday, August 1, 2009

Worked Too Hard, Ate Too Much

221.0

Food, food, food. I don't even know what to say. But I'll try to remember as much as I can:

Exercise - Hallelujah, I actually got my workout done early enough to eat breakfast. I went to the rec center, and worked out on the PRECOR Elliptical EFX 556 downstairs. It does not have the crossramp feature like the newer ones, but compared to the newer ones upstairs, I'd say it's about a comparable crossramp incline of 3 or 4 out of 10. I set it to a resistance of 6, and did 30 minutes, alternating forwards with backwards every five minutes. I pushed myself hard this morning, doing 2.43 miles, 4003 strides, and 396.0 calories. I was pushing for 400 calories near the end, but missed it by only a few. Next time I'm so close, I'll just up the resistance. I can always put in a burst of speed at the end, it's just the way my body works. The beginning is always the hardest, at least psychologically. But this was a great start to the day, although I wore myself out as the day progressed, starting with cleaning the downstairs bathroom when I got home, to helping the kids clean the upstairs. Check out the detail below.

What I ate today -
Breakfast - And that's where the positive list ends. I made a pancake breakfast for the kids this morning, just felt all warm and squishy about family togetherness. Anyway, I made pancakes from scratch, but at least I made the batter half whole wheat flour. While I was cooking, I had a piece of banana bread (the more nutritious variety I made a few days ago), and had a small piece of cheddar cheese. Then I had one of the pancakes, no syrup. I also had some orange juice, but I ate a lot of the omelet scrambled eggs I made, somewhere around three or four eggs worth.

Lunch - I think I skipped this, technically. After feeding the kids, I got busy getting them to all the clean the upstairs, and I kept at it, organizing the toy/baby room, then repairing the cushion on the couch in Gil's room, and taking the bottom backing off two of the couches, looking for things that had fallen through the cracks. Found a few treasures, but not the ladybug binky chain I was looking for. Drat. But, I tell you what, I was soooo exhausted after all that, not sleepy-tired or hurt, but just exhausted, like my muscles were saying, "Sorry, sister, we got nothing left." I just wanted to sit down and be still. But, I knew if I stopped, I'd never get back up, and I had errands to run, so I took a shower, got dressed, and then took Connor to the library, KMart, and Smith's. Before we left, I munched on some tortilla chips and fat free sour cream dip. But at Smith's I bought a ton of ice cream treats on sale. I had some more chips and dip at home.

Dinner - after the day's activities, my body was just screaming at me, and I just totally caved, "Who cares?" I felt like I'd climbed Mt. Everest, I just wanted to be still and just chill. So for my dinner around 5:30pm, or maybe it's the pre-dinner appetizer, I chowed half a box of Rocky Road ice cream. Yep, I said it, and I ate it. Then, after a sort-of restful nap with all the noisy kids in the house, I got up and did some things for them. Then, around 7:30pm I had a small bowl of linguine with spaghetti sauce, a few handfuls of various chips with fat-free refried beans, some crystal light flavored water, nearly a whole container of fresh blueberries I shared with Emma (little moocher), some more chips when Zen came home around 9:30pm. At around 8:30 pm, I called my sister, who is out in Minnesota visiting with one of her good high school buddies (BFF, right?!) to request an intervention, because I just could not stop putting food in my mouth. It was so funny. Sue is one of those people who will talk on the phone to you and to everyone else in the room with her at the same time. Gets kind of confusing. This time around, I kind of got some feedback with the people she was with. It was weird, in a completely funny kind of way, because all I said to her when she answered the phone was, "Help, I need an intervention!" She repeated it to those around her, and they said right back, "Don't eat it!" How did they know we were talking about food?! So, a big shoutout to Lori, who I hear is stalking this blog. Good to know. Eat some Target cake for me.

So, eventually I quit putting stuff in my mouth at about 10pm. Holy Monkeys! I wonder what I would weigh tomorrow, Monday's weigh-in will be interesting.

I'm so stinkin' hungry/munchy all the time. Aaarrrgh!!! It's the worst at night when I'm slowing down, and not so busy doing things that distract me from eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment