Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Should I or Shouldn't I?

229.5

I'm debating whether or not I should step away from my health blog for a few weeks. I'm going on vacation again, and there are some other things going on that are contributing to the weight gain. Maybe I'll pick it up again when the kids are back in school.

Exercise - PRECOR EFX576i elliptical, I did over 30 minutes, but I got a few texts in the beginning, and the readout on the machine cleared, so I only have the stats on 25 minutes: 1.82 miles, 2895 strides, and 289.01 calories. Still kind of lame, but my tail was really dragging.

What I ate today -
Breakfast - at least 20 oz. water during and after my workout, strawberry frosted mini wheats, 1% milk
Lunch - multi-grain bread 2 pieces, miracle whip light, one slice american cheese, one slice swiss cheese, romaine lettuce, 6 to 8 baby carrots
Dinner - from Wendy's, double cheeseburger, large vanilla Frostee, and around bedtime I drank a TON of caffeine-free diet cola.

P.S. Lori, thanks for the tip about water. I know I definitely need to be drinking more of it, and going low-sodium would help.

3 comments:

  1. Keep doing the blog, not to report on your weight, but to motivate yourself to keep making healthier food choices and continue exercising. Don't worry about working your body too hard, as long as your heartrate stays under 130-140, you're fine. I've been doing the 80oz. of water a day with Lori and restricting myself to only one treat a day and just generally making better choices when I snack. My sugar cravings are decreasing and I'm trying to train my body to enjoy healthier snacks.

    Just keep truckin'. This isn't a numbers contest, it's about training yourself to live a healthier lifestyle.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ya, don't stop, you need this to help you stay on the healthier life track, I love reading your blog, this is not just for you, I need to read it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up Becky! Because when you do all the things you aim to accompish on this blog you can look back at the record of how you got there.

    I got your back, Girl!

    And I don't mean Girl Kitty.

    ReplyDelete