Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Nighttime is the Worst

Weighed myself at the Rec Center scales in the locker room. It was 225. A loss of 2 pounds!! Watching portion sizes, packing in more nutrition, and not eating after dinner is everything.

What I ate today - one bite of Zen's Subway sandwhich, 32 oz. water during workout & after, 1/3 cup Malt-o-Meal cooked with frozen strawberries, one piece whole wheat bread with Smart Balance Light butter spread, 1 plum, one piece medium loaf banana bread, about a card-deck size pork steak, 1-1/2 med. potatoes with Smart Balance Light butter spread & fat free sour cream w/seasonings stirred in, 3/4 to 1 cup salad (romaine, tomatoes, raspberry vinaigrette), two pieces banana bread, 16 oz. crystal light, 32 oz. water. I had lots to drink, but no food after 4:30 pm.

I have super cravings at night, when I'm slowing down, and spending more time upstairs with the kids, passing by the kitchen a zillion times. After the bike ride, I was in the garage getting a quick mac & cheese microwave dinner for Emma, and I saw the Neapolitan ice cream, and I really, really wanted some, as well as the creamy mac and cheese, but I resisted it by remembering I'll be weighing myself tomorrow. I could get addicted to the thrill of success found at the scales.

Exercise - 30 min on Elliptical - PRECOR EFX576i, crossramp 5 (of 10), resistance 6 (of 10), 2.20 miles, 3757 strides, 345.0 calories. What I did differently, was I rotated between two minutes of forward strides and one minute of backwards strides. I'd never done the backwards strides, and it really worked a different set of muscles, so it was an intense workout. Also, took the kids for a ride down to the library, probably two rounded miles. While I'm certainly not going to make myself have two hard workouts a day, I think it's going to help if I do some kind of light exercise in the evening, like take a walk, or a leisurely bike ride with the kids.

I was thinking today, one of the ways to celebrate along the way, is to recognize little goals. I think when I've lost about 10 or 15 pounds, I might treat myself to a cute exercise outfit. I can't wait to be back in a size 16. Gaining back 20 pounds this winter put me back in an 18, and honestly, it's a really tight fit. A size 20 pants is more comfortable. But I remember that being in a 16 made me feel great! Can't wait to be back to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment