Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Feed Me Seymour!

Okay, there's so much I wanted to say today, but I just can't put in another 1:30am blogging session, so it's short and sweet.

What I ate today:
about 1-1/2 cup cooked Malt-O-Meal with frozen strawberries, two pieces mini-loaf banana bread, about 1/2 banana, about 1/4 of a piece of leftover pizza from last night (Emma's scraps), 1-1/2 nectarines, two pieces homemade wheat bread with Smart Balance Light butter spread, some fresh strawberries, about 5 to 6 oz. cooked spinach with Smart Balance Light butter spread, lots of water today with half-strength Crystal Light flavoring added, at least 64 oz. (I bought a 32 oz. jug today and I am keeping it full), around 6:45 pm I had two bowls of my homemade chicken fried rice, probably 2 to 2-1/2 cups each (almost no oil, very lowfat, w/lots of veggies), and I ate lots and lots of fresh strawberries, at least two cups worth.

I think I ate pretty healthy today, but I'd still like to be finished eating by 5 or 6 each night. I have a box of chocolate by my computer. Can you believe I didn't eat any? I better go hide it, so I'm not tempted tomorrow.

Boy, I was so lusting after food today. With small children, it's hard to stay out of the kitchen between meals, and I swear I could have easily eaten twice what I did today everytime I went in there. Things I thought about eating, but didn't: leftover sausage pizza, chocolate, cake and ice cream, pineapple cottage cheese with tortilla chips, and more of that yummy homemade bread. Can't wait to eat some tomorrow. It helps sometimes to think, "Okay, you've had enough to eat today. Go find something to do, and the time will pass quickly, so you can go to bed, and then eat that tomorrow." A little delayed gratification, instead of just "no, you can never eat that."

Exercise done: 20 minute bike ride to car dealership, about 2.4 miles, downhill the first 1/3, and flat the other 2/3's. My leg muscles are so stiff from the body bar conditioning class from yesterday. I'm going to stretch out again before bed. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get to that class again. It was hard, but I can tell it's going to build some muscle, and that's going to raise my resting metabolic rate, and who couldn't use that?

Okay, I was done, I posted this, and then I got an email of "Motivational Posters" from my brother-in-law. I just about died laughing. I don't know where they originated, and I'd like to give credit here to the creator, but I'm still posting them. Here's one I thought fit the bill today:

True. I'm so craving some real cake with orange cream cheese frosting


Yep, yep, yep. It's a classic lesson in dieting math.

2 comments:

  1. awesome!! I love the posters... sometimes you just need to look at yourself and say.. yes, I could loose a few pounds!!
    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwaahaahaa! Gotta love Dr. Phil!

    ReplyDelete