Sunday, July 26, 2009

Grazing Sunday

Okay, it's only 5:45 pm, and I've got to get my food written down, before I forgot what I ate, 'cause I was in "snacky" mode today.

Breakfast - one sweet potato pancake with a little Smart Balance butter spread, no syrup, a big glass of orange juice, probably about 16 - 20 oz.

Lunch - about two to two-and-a-half cups homemade beef stew (beef, pork, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, pureed canned tomatoes), 1 piece homemade cornbread with Smart Balance spread (when I get my recipe blog up and running, I've got to post this, I made some substitutes so it was healthier, and it tasted really good), a handful or two of tortilla chips/crumbs while I cooked, 8 to 10 oz. 1% milk, about 14 oz. crystal light flavored water

Late Afternoon - three or four bites of stew, about two Tablespoons grated cojack cheese, 1 piece mini banana bread, 1 piece cornbread, about 1/2 to 2/3 cup fat free sour cream mixed with about 2 Tablespoons green salsa and the last of the chip crumbs in the bottom of the chip bag, another 14 oz. crystal light flavored water

Sheesh. And right now I feel totally stuffed. I made myself leave the kitchen, and go back downstairs to my craftroom because, clearly, I was just grazing.

I wonder why I was so "snacky." I think it's something about the psychology of lazy Sundays, backed with my lack of exercise, which I never do on a Sunday. I really think daily exercise helps curb your appetite. Not exercising on a Sunday is a religious thing ("resting from all your labors"), although honestly, I do use that as kind of an excuse. Any opinions on this, family?

9:30 pm - I have been lusting after food off and on for about four hours now, and I really, really want to eat a whole bunch of stuff. I want it so bad, I just about want to cry:

leftover chicken fried rice, more cornbread, ice cream (that's a craving that never goes away), chocolate (I made a treat bag for one of my VTeez, with totally yummy chocolate raspberry m&ms), chips and salsa, jalepeno poppers, cheesesticks, and the list goes on...

But I resisted all of them, because I know I have to write it down where other people will read it, and I have to face it, and I still feel a little bloated from all the food I ate earlier. Plus, I just know the scales are not going to be kind in the morning, and I don't want to make the damage any worse. Daily accountability, in some form, is really helping me out.

Also, I've been trying to drink lots of water since about 5pm. I figure it's going to help in the digestion, flush out the system better, so to speak.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, can I just say that I am just loving your blog... and it seems to be helping you with your eating, knowing that you have to write it down. I am soooo going to get my own health blog going, but you HAVE to comment on it so I know that I am accountable to someone OKAY!

    ReplyDelete