Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fell Off The Wagon At Dinner

220.5
Yep, knew a late dinner would show.

Exercise - 30 minutes running/walking on the treadmill. I did 1.75 miles, and it said I burned 185 calories. I tried jogging at first, but my knee started hurting in the first few minutes, so I thought I'd better switch to fast walking. But it felt like a good workout, I was totally pushing myself, my heartrate stayed up around 130.

What I ate today

Breakfast - 32 oz. water before, during, and after my workout, then nothing. Man, I gotta quit doing that. My brain is the most active in the morning, once I get going, and I have to get stuff done before I exercise, when I'm under a deadline. Then, I can go workout, but I don't want to eat before I weight myself at the rec center. Maybe I should just get over that, and eat anyway, when I'm not going to get to my workout for three or four hours.

Lunch - 1pm. 1 whole wheat tortilla, fat free refried beans, chicken breast, salsa, sour cream, romaine lettuce, tomato. Some baby carrots, one thick piece of my homemade wheat banana bread. Later, running errands, I probably had another 8 to 12 oz. water.

Dinner - 8pm. Here's the kicker. I was just at a point in the night where my brain hurt, and I just didn't want to think anymore about strategies to stick to my rules. And again, I should have eaten two or three hours ago. I made hamburgers for dinner, white bread rolls, slice swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, Miracle Whip light, and about 1/4 pound burger. Then I had potato chips, and potato salad. While I only had one plateful, it was definitely NOT a lowfat dinner. Then I had a thick piece of my homemade wheat banana bread, and about 1/2 to 3/4 cup vanilla bean ice cream, with about 12 oz. 1% milk to drink.

Okay, I pretty much threw in the towel, tonight. I was going to be ultra careful with my eating at dinner, and then I just said, "the heck with it." I think there are going to be days like that, but I'm going to try to get started a lot earlier tomorrow with my food, workout first thing before trying to tackle anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment