Wednesday, July 29, 2009

220

220.25 in my clothes
216.5 in my birthday suit

It's about freakin' time! See, that's what not-eating-after-dinner-and-resisting-the-dessert-buffet-last-night got me.

Exercise - 15 min. on the PRECOR Elliptical EFX576i, 1.10 miles, 1881 strides, 170.5 calories, crossramp 5, resist #6, then I swam 8 laps, which is 1/4 mile, in 15 min.

What I ate today -

Breakfast - 8oz. orange juice about 10 am. I kept telling myself that I was only going to eat after I had my workout, but my sewing repairs just kept taking forever, then I had to run them down to the dry cleaners.

Lunch - 32 oz. water during and after my workout, 1 cup lowfat pineapple cottage cheese, 2 oz. tortilla chips, about 10 baby carrots.

Dinner - late, around 8pm, but I started cooking around 6:30, and was snitching as I cooked. I had a bag of baby carrots out on the counter, and just grazed out of the bag. I kind of think it's not a bad way to deal with cooking in the kitchen. I totally snack as I cook, so until I can break that habit, I think having healthy food to snack on is a good compromise. I made a healthy banana bread recipe, substituting a lot of the "bad" stuff for healthier stuff. Instead of 4 eggs, I did two eggs and 2 egg whites. Instead of 1 cup butter, I did 1/2 cup canola oil and 1/2 cup applesauce. Instead of 3-1/2 cups white flour, I did half whole wheat and half white flour. Instead of 1-1/3 cup sugar, I only did 1 cup. It was still really good. I had two thick slices, with Smart Balance butter spread. Yeah, I know, it's not fat- or sugar-free, but it's an improvement. For dinner I had about 1/2 cup pesto spaghetti, and about 1 cup whole grain spaghetti with my homemade meat sauce, lean ground meat (cooked and drained). Also, 2 cups romaine heart lettuce with chunks of fresh roma tomatoes, just a little bit of Light Ranch and Salad Toppins. I also drank around 16 oz. 1% milk. Also, at least 16 oz. of water before bed.

The scales will not be kind to me in the morning. Too much food this late at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment