Monday, August 10, 2015

Unchained the Carb Beast

Went on vacation Thursday thru Sunday to the family reunion, which was fabulous!  Thanks, Don and Lora!  and again to Lora, who worked her tail off and stressed buckets!  We had a great time.  Now go hit the spa to recover!

Back to training.  Here's a brief recap of what exercise I did while mostly being a slacker:

Thursday - rebounder about 45 min.  I was packing to get out of town, trying to leave by noon, and didn't have time to make the college pool swim time, which was between 11:30 and 1:00.  Besides, Thursdays are semi-rest days.
Friday - rebounder 30 to 40 min.  Yep, I tied my rebounder to the top of my car and hauled it on vacation.  Totally worth it!  I also did a short 30 min session on one of Don and Lora's treadmills.  It was on an incline, 7%, and I alternated walking and running every 2 minutes.
Saturday -  Don and Lora took us on a hike up the canyon near their house in Mapleton, Utah.  I wasn't counting, or keeping track of time, really, but my guess is that it was somewhere between 1 to 1.5 miles?  Later, it was casual swimming in the pool.  I had thoughts of doing laps, but the pool was stuffed with kids, so I bagged that idea and talked to my sister, instead, while treading water and trying not to get mauled by children.  Happy 40th, sis!
Sunday - rest

Now, I didn't try for one second to follow my nutrition plan this weekend.  I did unchain the beast and ate whatever carbs I wanted to, which wasn't very hard.  Lora kept us stocked up on plenty of goodies, and wonderful meals.  I did appreciate all the fresh fruit she provided and ate plenty of that.  The protein shakes were a great idea, would love to have more of those on a daily basis as I'm training.  I got brave this morning and stepped on the scales.  Suprisingly, I only gained a few pounds. Whew!  Seriously, I ate a gazillion calories over the weekend and I was sure it was going to be five pounds.  I can get rid of two a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment