Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Catch Up

Yikes, it's been a week since I blogged!  I'm sketchy on the details of what I did over the last week, but let's see what I can remember:

Thursday - I was probably in the pool, just swimming laps, about 40 min.  Maybe warmed up with the rebounder.
Friday - I'm pretty sure I did three loops on my bike (10.5 miles total) and then ran 2 to 2.5 miles
Saturday - Went to visit Sue in Cokeville.  I did about 45 min rebounder before we left.  While there, Sue and I went biking for 8 miles, and I rode the bike she's loaning me for the race.  It was great to ride a bike that switches gears smoothly!  Although I've got to make some minor adjustments in the seat height for next time.  At the end of our visit, we loaded it into my car.  Thanks, Sue!
Sunday - rest
Monday - This is the week before the race, so I figure I need to do my hardest/longest training.  I ran 3 miles today, and ran all the laps, except for one that I walked for about 1/4 to 1/2 a lap.  I completed it in 43:40, I think that's the fastest I've ever run three miles.
Tuesday - Pool day and testing out my clothing for race day.  I did 1/2 mile, 16 laps, in 24 min (I've really gotten faster at that!  It used to take me 30 min!), then I hurried out of the pool, grabbed my bags of stuff and went into the locker room.  Over my swimsuit, I put on my t-shirt and stretchy pants, then socks and shoes, and headed out to my car where I had my bike stashed.  I rode a mile or so, then back to the college where I put my bike back in my car and did a little running around the campus trails, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile.  My overall goal was to test out my clothing.  On race day, the unspoken fourth race event is transition!  People who are competitive try to get through transition (switching from one event to the other, like swimming to biking) as fast as they can.  There are designated transition areas, and you must go from one event to the other through the correct transition area.  So, I won't be able to run back into the locker room, take off my swimsuit, and put on completely new clothes to bike in.  The pink swimsuit I'd been training in is fine for the pool, but lousy for biking and running in.  I just don't have the dough for an official triathlon suit that you can do all three events in, so I went digging in my drawer at home and pulled out an old swimsuit that is very loose and stretched out.  It turned out to be great for biking and running in!  I'll just add a t-shirt and sweats for the bike and run.  I'm relieved because I didn't know what I was going to do for race day, and I dreaded having to go and fundraise/beg money for something to wear.  Problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment