Monday, August 10, 2015

Getting back in the routine

Got back to my training schedule today.  I warmed up on my rebounder, about 10 to 15 min.  Then did 3 sets of pushups on my rebounder - 25, then 10, then 10.  Situps - 25, then 15, then ten.  Headed out to the junior high track on my bike, then did my walk/run.  I increased my running distance per lap today.  I ran about 2/3 lap and walked 1/3 lap, and did 3 miles.  I could tell my legs are getting stronger.  I'm not really faster yet, but it's not as hard on my joints as it used to be.  I'll push it up to running 3/4 lap and walking 1/4 lap next week.  One thing I did notice, though.  Since I'm at the track, and not having to pay attention to my environment like I would with a street run, I had my ears plugged in to my mp3 player.  I was listening to a podcast with Mark Divine of SEALFit and Captain Bob Shultz about personal ethos.  It was kind of meaty, so I was trying to absorb that and not paying as much attention to my running.  I think I better unplug my ears next time, or at least switch to something that isn't so distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment