Sunday, August 30, 2015

Post-Race

Okay, I know I need to blog the whole race experience, but I don't yet have the pics I want. I still need to track them down. I have a few Dani took after the race, but there were several photographers out there shooting the whole thing, and I particularly want the finish line pic. But I just wanted to log in here before bed and set down a few thoughts. I am admittedly a little bummed today. It was fun and challenging leading up to the race, and exciting the day of the race. But I have post-race letdown today, and I did a little yesterday as well. I'm kind of sad it's over. I understand why people keep moving on to the next race, and the next, and the next. The thrill is in the challenge and that moment of satisfaction of meeting a goal. It can be addicting chasing that feeling. But probably not necessarily a bad addiction, depending on how it messes with your regular life and your health. I keep looking down at my right arm, where they wrote my race number, 331, with a black marker. It's still cool! I'll be sad when it finally fades away. I wish it would always be there. I can see why people get tattoos to commemorate things.

No comments:

Post a Comment