Sunday, June 27, 2010

Recipe Builder

It can be a steep learning curve, using the Recipe Builder on MyFoodDiary to figure out the serving sizes for all my homemade recipes, and adding them to the Fridge section. I have to measure and weigh everything, then do lots of math to figure out the relative serving sizes after adding up all the ingredients, sometimes weighing or measuring the entire batch to get to the correct serving size in relation to the nutrition of the whole recipe. But I think after a month or so, I'll be able to do all my daily calorie counting with just a few clicks. But, being a data manipulation person, it's a process I enjoy.

I think this calorie counting business is really paying off, because I can look at my total calories for the day, and weigh them against my calorie allowance, and feel good about the direction I'm going. I felt kind of hopeless, even just a week ago, thinking about how I'm still stuck in a size 22, and wanting to break that 200 pound barrier. But now, based on the math reports I'm getting, I'm pretty sure I can break it by my birthday in October. Sweet! I think I'll get an awesome outfit for my birthday, a great way to celebrate losing the weight.

Total Calories Eaten - 1528
Total Exercise Calories - 295 (Just for running around the house with the kids and doing light housework. Strictly speaking, I don't exercise on Sunday, but I'll probably always wrack up just a few points doing some little extra something in the course of my day with five kids)
Calorie Balance: -85 (meaning I still could have eaten 85 calories)

No comments:

Post a Comment