Friday, June 25, 2010

25 June

Weight: 235.5 pounds    Wahoo!!

10 am - I'm so excited! The weight is starting to come off! 2 pounds already! Although, the My Food Diary report gave me a frowny face for not eating enough calories. Who'd have thought?! Okay, I think I have the calorie allowance thing figured out for me. If I don't clock ANY exercise/activity of any kind, I can eat 2323 calories to maintain weight, 1573 cal to lose 1.5 lb a week, and 1323 to lose 2 lb a week. So, adding exercise or any kind of activity lets me eat more calories. For instance, yesterday I could have eaten 2691 calories, and still been in the lose-2-lb-a-week category. I only ate half that! I could have eaten a whopping 3691 calories and still maintained my weight. But, I was very active yesterday. I probably won't have that many exercise calories to spend every day. But it's really fun crunching the numbers, and seeing the scale go down.

Also, I had a lot easier time getting myself out of bed this morning before the kids got up. Sammy used to sleep anywhere from 7 to 9 hours at night, but now he's back to 5 or 6 before he's up for a bottle. I think his body needs more calories to stay asleep, but it's still about a month before rice cereal. I wonder if I can start early? I'll have to ask his pediatrician. Anyway, I probably only get about 4-1/2 to 5 hours in a row, plus another one or two when he goes back to sleep, which isn't bad, but it's still hard on my body. It was torture getting up yesterday, but easier this morning. My body is still adjusting back from a newborn's schedule.

Exercise - 30 min. of water aerobics class at the rec center

10:00 PM -

Man, I am T.I.R.E.D., so I am just going to put the summaries from MyFoodDiary logs.

Total Calories - 1707
Total Exercise Calories Earned - 797
Balance - I was 405 calories under the 2 lb loss a week rate. In other words, I could have eaten 405 more calories today.

No comments:

Post a Comment